Thursday, October 24, 2019

Time for crochet


I was given 12 skeins of Lion Brand Pound of Love yesterday, and I was eager to start crocheting. I decided to start with the 12 Step Sampler Blanket, a pattern that I crocheted last year. When I crocheted the blanket last year, I used a variety of multi-colored I Love This Yarn skeins from Hobby Lobby. I love the way it turned out, but ever since I finished it, I've been thinking of crocheting it in one color. The time is here!

At lunchtime today, my high school crochet group asked the principal if it would be possible for them to meet with me every school day. Typically, high school students sign up for the Learning Commons on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, while middle school students sign up for Tuesday and Thursday. The principal agreed to give it a try next week. The art teacher and I have agreed that the crochet unit will last until Christmas break. We'll have to see if lessons go in to the new year!


I was very excited to receive this invitation in the mail today! I served as the town librarian for about ten months before being hired by the school district. That was way back in 1984-1985, before the current library building had been remodeled. It used to be a laundromat. When I served as the town librarian, we shared space with the village hall. Things have certainly changed over the years!

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, that is beautiful already!!! :)
    Sounds like you are going to be busy with crochet now. Hope you have a ton of fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be busy with lots of things! I mailed off six bookmarks to Mom yesterday, so I have to get back to bookmarks.

      Delete
    2. Wow!! Make sure you have "down" time too!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Your crochet group is keen! It’ll be good to see your white blanket next to the colourful one. How wonderful to be invited to the library celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does the crochet group work? What are they “missing” instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are part of an art internship class. Most of the supplies have been donated. Their crochet pieces will be turned in to the art teacher for a grade. They come to me during Academic Advisory, a fancy name for study hall!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!