Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Team building

I really wasn't looking forward to going to school today. It was an early dismissal day for monthly staff meetings, and the kids are usually wild on shortened schedule days.


Rather than focusing on things that could go wrong today, I spent the morning tatting! I finished another Curds & Whey bookmark. This one is in size 20 Lizbeth Peacock Blues. I used my new Dreamlit shuttle. Now that I've found a way to attach the thread, thanks to Tim, I like this shuttle very much!


I also tatted up the last of my hand-dyed thread skein from Karey Solomon. After looking back through my blog posts, I'm pretty sure this thread color is Distant Mountains. I'm kind of sad that I don't have any more of this color, but I'm very happy that I was able to tat so many Ice Drops with it!

The school day really went pretty well. Yes, some of the kids were a bit unruly, but nothing horrible. The staff meeting after school was a team building activity. These meetings are usually just for teachers, but this time everyone was invited. We were randomly divided into 13 teams, and our task was to decorate pumpkins.

I've never been a big fan of Halloween, and I don't think I've ever decorated a pumpkin. Yes, my kids had carved pumpkins, but I left that task up to Dave and the kids! So, I had pretty low expectations for a pumpkin decorating contest.

Boy, was I wrong! We all had a lot of fun! Can you guess which one is my team's? Which one is your favorite? I will reveal which one is my team's tomorrow!

#1

#2

#3

#4

#5

#6

#7

#8

#9

#10

#11

#12

#13

6 comments:

  1. Great tatting(of course)!!!! :)
    I am guessing the Carve out time to read. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my guess too. Carving pumpkins is not something I aspire to, but I admire the examples here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same choice, hands down!
    Wow, love the creative juices (and some ehem....) flowing through these pumpkins!
    As I scrolled down, I thought #7 was awesome, but there were more to come ?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Team 10 - carve out time to read!
    Great pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely the one with 'books' carved in it....carve out time to read. :)
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's see...which is blue? I guess it has to be the one everyone else guessed, since I don't see a blue one.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!