Saturday, October 12, 2019

October Tollway Tatters

We had a beautiful day for our Tollway Tatters meeting!


Sue Anna and Marilee are always a cheerful presence!


Sue Anna was working on one of Marilee's patterns. I think the thread color is Blue River Glades.


You may have seen Marilee's post on her blog or on Facebook about the grape earrings she's tatting from an Italian magazine. Marilee's pictures are wonderful, but seeing her beautiful tatting in person shows how talented she really is.


Marilee brought along her milkweed pods for us to see. They are incredible! The pattern is available in her Etsy shop.


Barbara brought along her new Japanese tatting book.


She loves Celtic motifs, and found one in the book that she just had to tat!


Nancy was our only needle tatter today.


She's working on an adorable pumpkin pattern. I like the way she has her finished pumpkin stored on the ball of thread!


Victoria Ong was able to join us again today. Victoria is a very talented Turkish oya needle lace designer and teacher. Denise and I took a class with Victoria about a year and a half ago. I've picked it up from time to time, but I wasn't getting anywhere. I was inspired to pick up my needle lace again after watching Victoria work her magic at our last Tollway Tatters meeting. She has a new book out, and she graciously signed my copy!


Victoria made this beautiful flower today with some of Marilee's hand-dyed thread.


Victoria sat next to me and gave me some tips to improve my lace. She also showed me how to identify my mistakes and fix them. The piece on the left is what I worked on this week. I knew it wasn't done correctly, but I couldn't see what I was doing wrong. The two green pieces are what I worked on today. There are mistakes, which is why they aren't finished, but I can see a great improvement already! Thank you, Victoria!


I finished tatting a Curds & Whey bookmark in size 10 Lizbeth Blue Ice today. I also started another in size 10 Lizbeth Wedgewood Blue Dk.


After dinner, I finished my Blue Ice bookmark. I now have eleven completed. I think I might reach my goal of 24 in time for Christmas in the Village!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome day!!! :) Glad you were able to enjoy it!!
    Hope to see you all again soon, but I am guessing it will be next year at this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aside from missing tatting friends, it was an awesome day! I'm looking forward to seeing you and hearing all about your new home!

      Delete
  2. I really like seeing the projects and wonderful friends and great pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a range of projects, skills, and techniques! I'm so envious you actually got to see and touch Marilee's & Victoria's work.
    The sleeve Definitely takes the bookmark to a professional level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are very talented ladies, and I feel very lucky to count them as friends! I am enjoying using the sleeves!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!