Thursday, November 30, 2017

Not much to show

I had a very busy day, but I don't have much to show for it. Alison and the kids had to leave early today, so after breakfast I got started with my day.


I've been making curtains for the windows in the cafeteria doors. So far I've finished ones in school colors for September, pumpkins for October, and turkeys for November. I meant to finish December curtains last week, but Thanksgiving got in the way. This morning I made it my goal to finish both December and January curtains. They were delivered by 11 a.m. Mission accomplished!

After lunch, a friend came over for help with a blanket she was making for a relative. She was trying to make a no-sew polar fleece blanket, but the fabric she had chosen for one side wasn't working. Instead of knotting the two layers together, I suggested sewing them right sides together, turning it right side out and top stitching. She liked the idea, and we were able to finish the blanket in a little over an hour.

I put my feet up for a few minutes, and then the UPS man arrived with Christmas presents. I'm determined to wrap presents as I get them this year. I'm no good at spending hours wrapping. I get grouchy. My back hurts. It's just not a pretty picture! So, I wrapped the four presents that arrived in just a few minutes, and I am happy.

Right around the time I finished, daughter Carol arrived for a visit. Then it was time to start dinner. My only regret is that I haven't tatted an Ice Drop yet. I'll have to see if I can get one done before I head off to bed!

4 comments:

  1. You sound busier than when you were at school all the time. ;) Have a great and hopefully more restful day tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you might not have pictures but you certainly got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can’t stop to take pictures or you wouldn’t get anything done! Great fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was one busy day, wow I wish I had half your energy.
    Good idea wrapping tge presents as you get them,

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!