Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Ready for quilting

I had a busy day today!


Dave found our very old tree skirt yesterday. I've been meaning to replace it for years. My daughters always loved it, but it is very faded, and the backing is falling apart. I haven't been able to find one I like in the right size, so I decided to make one today.


Aren't these Santas cute?


The reverse side is candy canes. I like the idea of a reversible tree skirt. I can change my mind, and that's always a plus!



It looks kind of boring to me right now, so I plan on doing some hand quilting. It will be fine for now, and when I want to do something little different, I can just pick up the tree skirt and do a little quilting!


I finished another pin loom tree today! Granddaughter Eva chose the colors for this one. I have nine finished. I planned on having twenty for Christmas in the Village, but I'm not sure I can meet that goal. Maybe I can have a dozen. I can be happy with that.


Since the first tree skirt went together so well, I decided to make another one this afternoon. I'm using up pieces of batting left over from other projects. The cotton fabric isn't as smooth on this tree skirt, but I think it will look fine once it's quilted.


The back is tiny little holly leaves. If I have time, I think I'll make another tomorrow. Dave put two Christmas trees upstairs, and I think they need tree skirts. I have plenty of Christmas fabric, so I might as well keep going!


Dave insisted on having a second little tree on top of the entertainment center. It was missing something, so I decided to crochet a star tree topper. I found a free ornament pattern online. I crocheted two, sewed them together, and had my tree topper!


 I was afraid it might be too large, but Dave liked it, so it's fine with me!


My day wouldn't be complete without an Ice Drop. I've gone back to the basic pattern, because I can finish them much more quickly. I have so many more Ice Drop combinations I want to try. I just need more time!
SaveSave

13 comments:

  1. You've been so festively busy !!! Love the pics in earlier posts as well. Wondering whether I missed it - didn't see any ice drops on any of the trees ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ice Drops are not on the trees yet. I planned on sorting through them yesterday to determine which ones I would keep, but I never got around to it... maybe today!

      Delete
  2. You have been super busy!! Love the tree skirts!! :) Cute little Christmas tree, love the star topper, and the Ice Drop is wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always makes me smile thinking of trees wearing skirts!! Ours is always naked!! How rude!! Perhaps I should get it a skirt for modesty’s sake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they'd just make the stands prettier, there would be no need for skirts!

      Delete
  4. Well, with a reversible skirt your tree will always be well dressed! Love the star tree topper too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reversible makes so much more sense to me. I don't wear the same clothes every day, so why should my tree? ;-)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really looking forward to quilting them. I think they'll look so much better!

      Delete
  6. Definitely can't keep up with you! Great projects and lovely photos. (It would take me half a day just to get to my sewing machine, which may or may not work!) I love how you didn't have a tree topper so you whipped out two crocheted ones and put them together! Clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tree skirts! I like your handwoven tree, too. That's such a cute use for handwoven fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our cats love it when the Christmas tree is up for the season -- they love to be under it on the skirt because it's comfy. They would be outraged if the tree had no skirt -- it wouldn't be cozy at all!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!