Saturday, November 25, 2017

Slow tatting day


It was a slow tatting day with only one Ice Drop completed, but I was very productive in other ways.



I worked on little Christmas trees for Christmas in the Village, which is only two weeks away. I really shouldn't take pictures when it's dark outside. The colors just don't show up. This one is two layers of a forest green with sparkly purple in the middle. I want to do a little more embellishing, but I haven't completely figured out how to bring my ideas to life!


I worked some on Christmas stockings. I need to piece fabric for the back of the stockings, and then I'll decide if I have time to hand quilt the stockings or if I'll do a quick job with the sewing machine. Maybe I'll do a combination of both!

I really meant to sort through some of my craft stash yesterday, but I was having so much fun working in my clean space that I sort of forgot!

11 comments:

  1. What if your little trees are for the buyer to embellish? They are gorgeous as is but if the buyer wanted more s/he could? Market them as “decorate your own”?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be what happens. We'll see how much time I have to complete all my ideas!

      Delete
  2. Are the triangles of the tree woven on the zoom loom? if so, how do you fold them to make that shape? Cute little tree!! Katie V in NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are woven on a Zoom Loom. I just wind the yarn around 5 1/2 times so that I have a long enough tail to sew up one side (just fold the square in half). I used three pieces to make the tree. I've also seen them done with two or four. I just prefer the look of three.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Diane! The tip of 5.5 yds to have sufficient yarn to sew up the side is very helpful. Happy tatting and weaving!
      Katie V in NC

      Delete
  3. Very pretty ice drop! Are the stockings also for the Christmas in the village? I like Michelle’s idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stockings are for daughter Joanne's three kids and her husband. He's still using a "boyfriend" stocking... simple ones that I kept on hand in case a boyfriend was here for Christmas!

      Delete
  4. I think I figured it out. Not rocket science, as they say. Just needed to get the loom out and fold a square. Thanks! Katie V in NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I hadn't scrolled down to see your second comment! I'm glad you were able to figure it out!

      Delete
  5. Wow! Looks like you are busy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tatting is always so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!