Saturday, January 19, 2019

Alison

I didn't blog yesterday, because I wasn't in the mood. I started off my day by reading blogs, and once again I was aggravated by my inability to leave comments. I think the comments worked on one blog I visited. I probably spent an hour trying to figure out solutions with no luck. Needless to say, it put me off computing for the day!


The other day when I was browsing, I spent quite a bit of time looking through Twenty to Make: Tatted Snowflakes by Jennifer Williams. I love this little book!

The first pattern in the book is Alison, which happens to be my oldest daughter's name. You know I had to tat it! I had trouble with this one, and I didn't realize why until I was finished. The chains are 6-6, and I tatted them 8-8. The steam iron helped, but that wasn't good enough for me.


I tatted it again with much better results!


I figured this could be made into an Ice Drop, and I was right! It took a lot more brain power than I anticipated. I kept getting lost in the pattern, and I had to put it down several times. That was a good choice! I did start closing a ring too early, but that was easily remedied. Taking breaks was key to getting this one right!

5 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job on it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a shame you can’t comment. It’s definitely off putting when you write a comment and then can’t publish it. Alison makes a wonderful ice drop! Good conversion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm determined to figure out the commenting problem, although I find that tatting, reading, and crocheting are much more desirable pursuits!

      Delete
  3. Diane you are not alone, I have days when blogger just won’t let me comment on some blogs, I have worked out that if my email address is there beside the publish box for follow up comments then I can leave a comment. Still drives me nuts at times.
    Beautiful ice drop, I also love this book I think I must dig it out and play

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!