Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Old dog, new tricks


My computer continues to frustrate me. Safari is not working well with blogger, and Chrome is still too unfamiliar to me. To make matters even more frustrating, Pages and Word don't seem to work with my updated operating system, and I haven't been able to update either program. So, I'm now experimenting with Google Docs. I don't feel like keeping up with technology! ;-)


I spent time perfecting my Doodle Ice Drop today. It just wasn't looking quite right.


I made one minor change, and now I'm happy with it!

For those of you who aren't Ice Drop Addicts, here's the pattern:

Doodle Ice Drop
Diane Cademartori
December 31, 2018

Supplies:
Size 20 Lizbeth thread
Shuttle and ball
¾” glass gem


Round 1 ~
Ring 4-4---4-4, reverse work.
Chain 6-6, reverse work.
*Ring 4+4+4-4, reverse work.
Chain 6-6, reverse work. **
Repeat from * to ** four more times.
Ring 4+4+4+4, reverse work.
Chain 6-6, lock join to base of first ring, reverse work.

Round 2 ~
Ring 6-6-6, fold ring away from you.
Chain 8, lock join to base of ring in round 1. Fold ring up for joining next ring.
***Ring 6+6-6, fold rings away from you.
Chain 8, lock join to base of ring in round 1, fold rings away from you.****
Repeat from *** to **** four more times.
Ring 6+6+6, fold Ice Drop away from you. Note: insert glass gem before final join.
Chain 8, lock join to base of ring in round 1, reverse work.

Round 3 ~
Chain 7, lock join to picot on chain in round 1.
Picot cluster: ds, picot, ds, picot, ds, picot, ds; lock join to same picot of round 1.
Chain 7, lock join to base of ring in round 1.
Repeat around.

Variation ~
Omit picot cluster in round 3.
Round 4 ~
Chain 8, lock join to picot on chain in round 1.
Picot cluster.
Chain 8, lock join to base of ring in round 1.
Repeat around.

9 comments:

  1. I hate having to try and keep up with technology too!!!
    Wonderful Ice Drops!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easy to keep up when I was teaching full time. I had to repeat the instructions over and over again, so they became second nature. Now that I'm just teaching me, nothing seems to stick!

      Delete
  2. wow, thank you for sharing the formula.
    Previously I was with you inspired. I made my formula
    magical drops :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My new iPad and blogger don’t like each other either, sometimes I can comment on the blogs and then a few hours later I can’t, technology is not working these days.
    Another pretty ice drop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great pattern and love the little flower shapes that are made to highlight the drop so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the pattern Diane, it's a lovely Ice Drop!
    Technology is not my forte; when a problem occurs, I stare at my computer for a while, and when I finally realize that it won't change anything I call my friend the IT Genius and bring the machine to him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane, I am going to try making these ice drops as soon as I find my glass pieces. I know I have some somewhere. Thank you so much for the pattern. Technology woes . . . I understand. I get impatient with it too.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!