Saturday, January 5, 2019

Playing with pink

Dave was outside working on fencing today, one of the advantages of a warm day in January! While he worked on fencing, I worked on tatting. I'm still enjoying my Doodle Ice Drop pattern, and today I decided to play with pink.


This is Lizbeth #629, Light Azalea. While pink isn't my favorite color, I do like the Azalea colors. The shuttle is from Grizzly Mountain Arts.


I lost the label to this one. I don't think it's Lizbeth thread, because it doesn't have a cardboard core; it's plastic. This Grizzly Mountain Arts Shuttle is dated 2009.


This one is in Lizbeth #622, Pin Med. The Handi-wind shuttle is again from Grizzly Mountain Arts.


I'm making good progress on my 12 Step Sampler Blanket. The pattern can be found on Ravelry. I'm using I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby. I've completed 2 pattern repeats or 70 rows. I'm hoping for colder weather, because this blanket keeps me very toasty as I'm working on it!

12 comments:

  1. I’m not much for pink but these are lovely, more warm weather on its way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be up and down all week... 42, 54, 43, 25, 30, 36... my sinuses are going crazy!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous pink Ice Drops!!! :)
    Love that blanket!!! All the colors are like looking at a huge flower garden all in bloom!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! The blanket does look a lot like a flower garden!

      Delete
  3. Pretty in pink, I like the top one best. Love the blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! The top one is my favorite, also. I'm really enjoying the blanket!

      Delete
  4. I too prefer the top one, a lovely delicate shade of pink enhanced by the picots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the delicate shade is what draws me to that one, also!

      Delete
  5. I love everything you have made and that blanket is a keeper. It reminds me of my mom, she made every one a beautiful sweater and in our favorite colors too. then she made herself one out of all the left over yarn and everyone wanted hers it was so cute with the hodgepodge of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm quite impressed with that afghan. The colors and texture are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!