Thursday, January 24, 2019

My friend Jen


My friend Jen has opened an Etsy shop, Green Gables Fiber Farm. Jen has two alpacas and two sheep, and she goes through the whole process of creating luscious yarns by herself. I am happy to say that I am one of her first Etsy customers, and I'm pretty sure I'll be buying more!

I wish you could reach through your computer screen and feel this fabulous yarn. I love the colors, but the feel of the fiber is really what has me hooked!

Now I need to decide what to make out of these. Whatever I make, I think I'll be selfish and keep it for myself!


I was called in to sub at the last minute, and I was dismayed to discover that when I carefully packed my tatting bag this morning, I left the loaded shuttles on the table next to my chair. Luckily, I had a backup. I was able to work on my Garter Lace Triangle Shawl from Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman. I would have gotten a lot more done if I hadn't had to unknit three rows. Still, I made pretty good progress.


Not to worry... I was also able to complete an Ice Drop before dinner! 

10 comments:

  1. Looks like great yarn!! Can't wait to see what you make with it!
    Your shawl is looking fabulous!!
    And another great Ice Drop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of a hat and scarf, but I'm still having fun looking at patterns!

      Delete
  2. That’s right up my street, yarn from animal to needles, good for Jen. Do the rows on the shawl get longer and longer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've contented myself with store yarn for so long, that I'm afraid I might become a yarn snob after squishing Jen's yarn in my hands!

      Delete
  3. I'm curious to see what the color changes will be on the shawl with the Mandala yarn.

    Jen's yarn looks luscious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color changes are fun! I love yarn, and this yar is especially nice!

      Delete
  4. Congrats to Jen! The more yarn shops, the merrier!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!