Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Brrr, chickie dog!

That's what daughter Carol says when it's cold out, and it was very cold when we got up this morning... -20℉. I was very happy to stay indoors all day long!


I tatted "Helen" from Twenty to Make: Tatted Snowflakes by Jennifer Williams, this time with beads. There are supposed to be beads at the join of the chain and the rings on round one, but I couldn't bake it work, so I gave up. I'm not sure if I could make this work as an Ice Drop, but I may give it a try all the same.


My fingers sure don't like this cold, so I found it easier to work with yarn today. Unfortunately, I have a hard time counting, and I had to unknit three rows to get my stitch count right. Just think, I could have finished another pattern repeat today!

Did you notice Dave's afghan over my legs? I figured he wouldn't mind since he was at work. :-)


I received an extra special shuttle from Grizzly Mountain Arts yesterday. Who wouldn't love to have a beautiful shuttle with her initial engraved in the wood?


As a bonus, the back has pyrography as well! Isn't it gorgeous? Naturally, I needed to tat an Ice Drop for each side of the shuttle!


I'm making slow progress with Alison's waffle stitch afghan, but I am making progress! I switched to my silver/white polar fleece blanket when I started tatting. It made a better background for tatting.

I put my spinning wheel back together today. Grandson Janko was fascinated by all the things that could be taken off, and so he methodically took off all the parts he could. Luckily, nothing was lost! I look forward to the day when he can take it apart and then put it back together. I'll have to be patient, though. He is only three!

10 comments:

  1. Goodness, that’s so cold I’d be staying in bed, getting nothing done! That is a magnificent shuttle, very special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that’s what I call cold too. How are the chickens surviving? Just off to break the ice off our chicken’s water which I had to do yesterday too. Definitely staying in weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chickens are doing well. Dave has two heat lamps out in the coop for them. I think they're okay, because they're still laying eggs!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you have been very productive in this frigid spell!!! And great projects to help keep you warm while working on them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You new shuttle is stunning. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!