Thursday, January 17, 2019

Kaplan thread


I decided to try out some of my new polyester thread from Greece today. The brand name is Kaplan. The color is gorgeous. The sheet is beautiful. The thread is smooth as silk. It does take a bit of getting used to. I found that I needed to hold virtually every double stitch with my thumb nail to keep the stitches nice and snug. Sometimes the picots sort of disappeared, so I don't think this thread is ideal for Ice Drops. I think I may use it for a simple ring and chain edging for a hanky.

I'm sure I'll find uses for this beautiful thread, and when I find projects that I like it for, I'll be sure and let you know!


I received a Christmas present in the mail today from Mandy Kerwell-Bez in France. There's a lovely handmade card with one of Mandy's gorgeous needle tatted Ice Drops. Her designs are amazing! Although Mandy is a needle tatter, she decided to try her hand at making shuttles. Lucky me... two of them are now mine! I'm looking forward to trying them out. Thank you, Mandy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as though tatting with the kaplan thread needs a bit of extra concentration. Lovely parcel. I've admired Mandy's work on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does. I'm sure I'll find a project that works perfectly with the thread! Mandy's work tempts me to try needle tatting! ;-)

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!