Thursday, September 7, 2023

Clean up

Last month, Jane posted about cleaning up her list of blogs that she reads. I decided it was time to do the same thing. It made me a little sad to think that I've lost contact with so many people over the past decade. I probably deleted 3/4 of my blog reading list. Most that I deleted had not blogged in the past five years or more, and many had not blogged in ten plus years. 

Yes, I did take a three month hiatus from blogging. I needed the break. However, I found that I was not nearly as motivated to create when I wasn't keeping a record of what I created. Of course the good part of taking a break was that I finally got my craft supplies in a manageable mess! I still have to look for things, but I have a much better idea of what I have and where I might find it. 

At one of our recent Tollway Tatters meetings, Sue asked if she could have a sample of the Oliver Twists thread that I had blogged about way back in 2012. Luckily, I was able to find it a couple of weeks ago. I gave samples to both Sue and Denise. 

Why samples? Back when I purchased the thread, I was able to get it from DS9 Designs. From what I can tell, it is now only available from the UK, and the shipping costs almost as much as the thread. So, sharing samples with friends was a no brainer. 

As often happens, one thing leads to another. I'm ready to tat something beautiful with this thread, so I'm perusing tatting books. My corner of the living room is a mess. I have tatting, knitting, and quilting books by my chair as well as multiple works in progress. Isn't life grand?

12 comments:

  1. I’ve used Oliver Twist in the past and it’s lovely. Well done with tidying up the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like Oliver Twists. However, those tiny knots and picots are a lot more difficult to see than they were twelve years ago.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you blogging regularly again, but yes, sometimes things need tidying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try and keep up with the tidying this time. Of course I say that every time!

      Delete
  3. “One thing leads to another”.... I love it when that happens.
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I find I get more creative when I'm blogging. I hope I'm not cut from your list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and there are some of those colors that captured my attention!!! :)
    Thank you so much for the sample!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still searching for a U.S. source, not that I need any more thread! King Tut is still a favorite of mine and that can even be purchased on Amazon.

      Delete
  6. It's an organised mess, so to say. And if it might work as inspiration for your next project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! So true! If you were here at my house, you would be able to see how much inspiration I have going on right now!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!