Friday, September 8, 2023

If at first you don't succeed...

 

I did try again with the Oliver Twists thread, and I messed up on the second ring. Rather than trying to fix the mistake, I decided I should set the beautiful hand-dyed quilting thread aside and work with size 20 Lizbeth. So, I now have the first round of Hannah finished in size 20. Now I need to decide if I want to use different colors for each round or do it all in one color.

There wasn't much time for crafting today. My sister is visiting for a few days, and today we took Mom shopping and went out to lunch. While Mom took an afternoon nap, Janet did a bit of flower arranging for me.


I've had this coffee mug for years. It was my go-to mug, but it was dropped while we were doing dishes and broke. So, I glued it back together and decided it would make a great little vase. I love the way it turned out! I might not be able to enjoy my morning coffee in this mug any more, but I can still admire it.


Why stop with one mug? Daughter Joanne gave me this pretty little mug, but the balance was wrong for me. Now it's filled with flowers (artificial, of course... I tend to kill plants) and I can enjoy it on a daily basis.

The third mug that Janet transformed for me is my Handy Hands mug from a couple of years ago. I love the shape and the color of this mug, but it's too heavy for me. I sure am glad that my sister has a flair for flower arranging!


9 comments:

  1. Another great start to your doily!! :)
    I love the mug arrangements and the fact that you can enjoy them year round!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to watch myself. We have lots of mugs that I love and never use. Maybe I should do some seasonal arrangements!

      Delete
  2. I do the same thing - have to think about the next round. Same fiber color choice or something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always something to consider, and sometimes I let myself get bogged down by decision making.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your flowers and your sister’s visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flower arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use for the mugs! And have fun tatting the doily!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!