Monday, September 18, 2023

Potato chips

I feel like I've opened a bag of potato chips that I can't stop eating. However, potato chips are not my addiction at the moment. Have you guessed?


If you guessed twisted headbands, you are right! I finished one last night and made the other two this morning. These are in Big Twist Value from JoAnn Fabrics. They call the color Sapphire. It doesn't look like Sapphire to me, but it is pretty!

Mom asked how many I've made so far, so I laid them out on the table to see... 19!

When I got home from school, I cranked out two more. These are I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby. The color name is one I will never remember... 424/Green/Turquoise/Red. I guess Hobby Lobby has as much difficulty coming up with names as I do.


Mom finished knitting a scarf in Big Twist Twinkle, Red. She gave me the leftovers to try on my machine. I was five rows short, so I added a some Denim Ombre to finish it off. Mom and I both love the way the touch of blue peeks out from the center.


I cranked out two more after dinner, but I'm done for tonight. These will get the finishing touch tomorrow. I think it was a pretty good day's work!


10 comments:

  1. Wow! That’s a lot in such short time. I remember the crochet hats and knit wrist warmers. These are multiplying like bunnies. I love that blue, then again I think the red is my favorite.
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew, you can certainly rack up the numbers with your new toy! Splendid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it breaks, I think I'll just move on to something new! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! You sure are on a roll with those!! They look great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if I was your doctor I would analyse you with having a ‘compulsive need to make lots of the same thing’ disorder!!! Love your disorder and long may it last as we all get so much joy out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I do tend to stick mainly with one thing for a long time. I think it's because I'm afraid I'll forget how to do it!

      Delete
  5. I totally get it. You are on a good roll -- enjoying it -- stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part is, I'm using some yarn that's been sitting around for years... too pretty to give up, and not enough time to do anything with it.

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!