Friday, September 15, 2023

Two skeins, three headbands

 

I know that I can make two twisted headbands from one skein of I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby. For a change of pace, I decided to work with Vanna's Choice from Lion Brand Yarn.

First, I made the purple and gray one, color #202 Purple Print. I used more than half the skein. I knew I didn't have enough for another headband, but I hoped I had enough to make half a headband. Nope. There was only enough to go a little over 1/3 of length. The Purple Print skein weighed 3 oz. I noticed that #173 Dusty Green weighed 3.5 oz. I was really interested to see if I had enough to finish the one headband as well as enough for an all green headband. As you can see, I did!

4 comments:

  1. You’ll soon know exactly how much you can knit with each brand. The twist really makes them, doesn’t it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estimating how much yarn you need is not as easy as with tatting where the shuttle can only hold so much thread anyway. It's different when you calculate by skeins.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!