Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Another icy day

School was called off because of ice today. It's kind of amusing to watch the news and see people commenting about schools closing because of ice. Yes, the main road in front of my house was clear. However, the back roads were sheets of ice, and it would have been dangerous to have school buses on them. Our drive was solid ice, and my car was sheathed in ice, so I had no desire to go out!


Instead of venturing out, I worked some more on my Reyna shawl (free pattern by Noora Backlund on Ravelry). I've now finished 88 rows, and I still have the correct number of stitches!


My Ice Drop today is another basic one, this time with five picots... such a bold choice! ;-) The shuttle is another by Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. I'm still tatting with Lizbeth Boysenberry Dk.


Round 4 of Jon Yusoff's tat-along is complete! This round is in Lizbeth #668, Green Orchid Dk. Somehow, I managed to purchase two shuttles commemorating Queen Elizabeth's 90th birthday. Guess what? I don't mind! These wonderful little shuttles are not expensive, and I really do like them. You can check them out at Roseground.com. I see there are two Christmas shuttles that I don't have in my collection. Do I dare order them?

3 comments:

  1. Lots of wonderful projects for the past several months!!
    I see you kept busy with a "snow/ice" day. I did housework, but not much else(nope, it's not done either). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have done housework! I did make a mental not of what needs to be done. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think an icy day calls for an ice drop or two. Your doily is beautiful. I love the colors. So spring like.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!