Sunday, February 17, 2019

Grandparents' Day

Granddaughter Ella invited us to Grandparents' Day at school. How could we resist? We headed out early Thursday, but by the time we got to Cindy's house, Dave wasn't feeling well. He turned around and went home, and Cindy and I drove to Minnesota. Luckily, we get along really well!



We visited with daughter Joanne before heading to daughter Andrea's house.


Little ones just seem to have a way of making everyone feel loved!


I decided that daughter Alison's afghan would be my road trip project. I didn't finish as much as I thought I would. Cindy and I had too much fun talking!


I did take tatting with me, but I never got around to it. So, today I whipped up another Doodle Ice Drop. My tree is looking full, so I may start decorating another.


My Reyna shawl (free Ravelry pattern by Noora Backlund) is coming along nicely. I've now completed 104 rows, and I still have the correct number of stitches!


Daughter Andrea has been redecorating her living room. She saw two pieces of art work that she really liked, but they were $200 each. After doing a little research, she learned how to do her own. This is her progress so far. She still needs to distress it, and then husband Jake will frame them for her. I can hardly wait to see how they look in the living room!


Well, bad photographer that I am, I forgot to take pictures of Ella and Lily! Luckily, Andrea remembered to take a picture of us before we left. Yes, it's official. I now have three grandchildren who are taller than me!


10 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see the family and go to Grandparents day. How did Andrea create her wall art? Is it small pieces of paper stuck on? I like the look of it, I hope you’ll show us the final product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if she purchased the wood as is or if Jake put it together for her. She stained it a dark walnut, and then white washed it. After it was dry, she sanded it and used stencils to paint the design. I'm not sure how she's going to distress it, and I'm not sure if she's putting some sort of sealer over it. She did say that Jake was going to make frames for the two pieces. I'm quite impressed by her work!

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a lot of work, but worth while.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous projects and family pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great family pictures, all our grandchildren are taller than me, not sure I like being looked down on, especially Bethany she’s already over 6 foot and growing.
    Lovely projects love the colour of your ice drop today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've told them that once they're taller than me, they have to take care of me!

      Delete
  4. Well I guess the one good thing out of this Hallmark Day is seeing the grandkids. Not sure if we have a dedicated day like this in England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The Hallmark Day is in September. I don't pay much attention to it. This was specific to Ella's school. It was great fun to see the things the kids are working on, and of course I'm sure they were counting on grandparents spending money at the book fair. We did!

      Delete
  5. Lovely family dear. Always so special to be able to spend time together. Your crochet, tatting and knitting projects are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!