Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Finish one, start another


In finally finished my Garter Lace Triangle Shawl from Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman.


Since it went so well, I decided to start another shawl right away. This one is Reyna by Noora Backlund, a free pattern on Ravelry. I did get off to a rough start on this one. I finished the 28 row garter section only to realize that I had made a mistake all the way back in row 3. Luckily, this is an easy pattern to follow!


I did some experimenting with my Doodle Ice Drop pattern. Both rows of chains that form the outer pattern have 6 ds on either side of the picot flower. In the original pattern the first row had 6 and the second had 7. I just wanted to see how it looked, another variation. The beautiful shuttle is from Veronica of TattingShuttles on Etsy.


Another of my experiments with Doodle Ice Drops was to add extra picots on the chains, giving a very frilly look. I think this one looks prettier in person, and I'm sure daughter Joanne will claim this one for her pink tree when she comes to visit this summer! The pretty green shuttle is from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design.


A fun new shuttle arrived in the mail today, another beauty by Rita Richmond! It arrived just in time for the frigid temperatures we're expecting again this weekend. The cold might be a little tough to take after having a few days in the 40s, but I'm sure we will survive!

12 comments:

  1. You really do get ‘hooked’ (or knitted) on things, don’t you?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl is wonderful!!! :)
    Great Ice Drops!!! :)
    Neat shuttle!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chains almost look intertwined when they’re the same length, clever, I like the frilly one too. Did you have to undo your shawl back to the mistake? The completed one looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't noticed that, Jane. They do look intertwined! When I realized how far back the mistake was, I ripped it all out and started over. Luckily, I was only 28 rows in!

      Delete
  4. Two beautiful ice drops, and that is one gorgeous shuttle another one for the collection

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WANT the kitty shuttle!

    Oh, and I love your knitting....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun fun fun your cold weather seems to benefit us all 😊

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!