Saturday, February 9, 2019

Saturday tatting and knitting

Dave and I accomplished a lot today... cleaning windows, sweeping floors, doing laundry, helping daughter Carol build sets for the high school production of Mama Mia! Some we did together, and some separately. It feels good to have accomplished so much!


My reward was to spend time this afternoon tatting and knitting. I really am enjoying tatting Doodle Ice Drops with slight variations in each one. I'm not sure that the changes are visible to most people, but it's enough for me to know that no two are exactly alike.

Isn't my new shuttle cute? It's from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. I really don't mind winter weather, and I'm kind of looking forward to the possibility of snow at the beginning of the week. Still, I know that I will soon be craving the warmth of spring.


I'm happy that I've developed a rhythm with my Reyna shawl. The pattern is by Noora Backlund and can be found on Ravelry. I don't count stitches for each row, but I have been checking to make sure I have an odd number at the end of each row. I like that Noora gives a stitch count at the end of each pattern section. I'm right on track with 143 stitches at the end of row 72!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty Ice Drop!! :)
    I love the design showing up in the shawl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm eager to finish the shawl and block it so that I can see the design clearly!

      Delete
  2. I need to get on with cleaning now, I hope I accomplish as much as you did! Yes, rhythm in knitting really helps. In tatting and crochet too I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get in to a better cleaning routine. I much prefer doing a little each day to having to do everything from top to bottom in one fell swoop. It's so much easier to keep up than clean up!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!