Saturday, February 23, 2019

Mellow yellow


My goal yesterday was to finish knitting the yellow section of the Mandala yarn I'm using before moving on to something else. While I don't really consider these shades of yellow to be mellow, the song by "Mellow Yellow" by Donovan kept going through my head as I was knitting. There was more yellow on the ball than I thought, so I didn't finish the yellow portion until this morning. The scarf pattern is "Wortham" from Sequence Knitting by Cecelia Campochiaro.


A few days ago, my lovely new Valentine shuttles arrived from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. Rita has announced that she is no longer taking custom orders. However, she will still be listing shuttles in her shop as she makes them. After seeing all the beautiful guild shuttles Rita has created in the past year, I can understand why she needs to take a break from custom orders. I imagine it's great fun designing new shuttles, but a little tiresome to be making multiples of the same design.


I'm still busy making Mardi Gras Ice Drops for Mom.


I plan on mailing them off to her on Monday. I hope I have time to tat some more by then!

7 comments:

  1. Bright and cheery more than mellow (now I have the song in my head!). The scarf is going to brighten a Winter day. Those are special looking shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors are bright and cheery! I think I'm going to like it after all!

      Delete
  2. Bright and cheerful yellow, does not look that mellow, perhaps the photo makes it look stronger than mellow.
    Beautiful shuttles, love those designs.
    Lovely ice drops. I am sure you can make some more in time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very strong yellow, a color I'm not usually drawn to.

      Delete
  3. I so luck out and she made that announcement after she made mine so I am happy till I see something I cant have 😄I do like yellow and to that with songs all the time it funny😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shuttles!!! :)
    Great Ice Drops!! :) What is your mom doing to do with all the Mardi Gras Ice Drops??

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!