Tuesday, February 19, 2019

More Mardi Gras


I was called in as a last minute sub today. Luckily, I had my tatting bag packed and ready for Ice Drops. I really only had time to tat one during the school day. The other two were tatted once I got home.


The gold colored glass gems I used really picked up the purple thread, giving them a rosy look rather than gold.


Luckily, I found my matte gold glass gems when I got home. I wish you could see all of them in person. They're really much prettier than the pictures.

My ball of Boysenberry Dk is getting smaller, but I still have quite a bit left. I guess I'll have to explore more color combinations!

7 comments:

  1. That boysenberry is very nice color they look great.🌺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughter Carol has always been the purple lover in our family, but I find that the more I use shades of purple, the more I like it. I'm drawn more to the deeper shades.

      Delete
  2. I like the way you’re changing the colour of the gems and keeping the thread constant. So many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just struck me whether you've ever tried 2 colours in the same ice drop? That could cover 3 Mardi gras colours in the same ice drop, and would make a nice variation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have, and I love the look. Right now I'm too lazy to go looking for another thread color. It's all the way in the sun room! ;-)

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!