Monday, February 25, 2019

Thinking ahead

I made it to the post office today and mailed off Mom's Mardi Gras Ice Drops. I still have some Boysenberry Dk left, but I started thinking ahead to St Patrick's Day.


Lizbeth #187, Green Ice, isn't exactly what I had in mind for St. Patrick's Day, but it was the first green thread that caught my eye, and I decided to go with it. The center is a glow-in-the dark gem that I found at Hobby Lobby. I think these gems have to have a certain amount of sunlight in order to glow in the dark. Luckily, my jar that's filled with them is in the sun room!


I'm still knitting. I watched a lot of YouTube videos last night in an effort to improve my technique. I did a lot of experimenting! Because of that, my stitches are pretty uneven. I don't mind. I look at this scarf as a learning experience, and I'm hoping that when it's finished blocking will help even things out.

It's pretty chilly here tonight, so I stole Dave's blanket to keep my legs warm. He laughed!


5 comments:

  1. Love this scarf and the drop is a simple beauty ☘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome colored Ice Drop!!! :)
    I love that variegation in the scarf!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glow in the dark adds another dimension to your ice drops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun, too! I'm guessing my grandchildren will claim the glow-in-the-dark ones!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!