Friday, February 22, 2019

Knitting day

Today I totally focused on knitting.


I started with blocking my Reyna shawl. I love the way the pattern shows up!


Next, I spent a lot of time going through knitting books to choose a new project. I was really tempted to start another Reyna shawl. Instead, I chose to knit the Wortham scarf from Sequence Knitting by Cecelia Campochiaro. The yarn is Mandala Thunderbird. So far, the color has changed from light yellow to medium and then a darker yellow. I'm not sure if I like the way the color changes work in the scarf, but I think it will be interesting to see what happens.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photo of your Reyna shawl. It’s a complete tutorial on how to block with blocking rods. Love your shawl too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have used two more of the blocking rods for the two sides, but I figured it's fabric. It should be soft, not sharp!

      Delete
  2. You sure have gotten lots done recently!!
    I am sure your scarf will be fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all my way of avoiding housework! It's supposed to be rainy today, so I expect to get lots of housework done. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful knitted shawl, lovely pattern,
    Your new one looks interesting the way the colour is going, look forward to seeing how it works up

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!