Monday, February 11, 2019

Commemorative shuttles

You may have guessed that I love collecting shuttles! I especially like commemorative shuttles, because I hope that at some time in the future there may be a tatter somewhere who gets excited about finding one of my little beauties and cherishing it as I do.


This morning I decided to join Jon Yusoff's tat-along, which is posted on Facebook.


Round 1 is in size 40 Lizbeth #618, Magenta Dk.


For round 2, I used Lizbeth #683, Leaf Green Lt.


It's been a while since I've tatted with size 40 thread, and I'm really enjoying it.


I really like the way the Boysenberry Dk looks with the crackled glass gem. This is the basic Ice Drop with three picots instead of one. The shuttle is another beauty from Veronica of TattingShuttles on Etsy.


I found my box of shawl pins this mornings, so I decided to wear my new Garter Lace Triangle Shawl to school today. I couldn't believe the number of compliments I received!


Daughter Carol took the pictures for me after school. Maybe I'll knit some more shawls!

3 comments:

  1. Your doily start and Ice Drop are wonderful!! :)
    I love your shawl!!! It's fabulous on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, wearing the shawl shows it off so much better! Lovely shuttles. I contemplated joining the tat along too.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!