Wednesday, February 27, 2019

I love books!

When I was teaching, I would sing a song with the preschoolers...

I love books and they love me.
I get them free at the library.
Read them once. Read them twice.
Library books are oh so nice!
See you at the library!

I do love libraries, but I find it much more convenient to purchase books that I can read and/or refer to whenever I like, especially craft books!


This morning I ditched my hat pattern. I just didn't like the way it was looking. I decided to spend my morning looking for inspiration, and this is the book I turned to. I had this one on my wish list for a long time, and my sister-in-law gave it to me as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago. I can easily get lost in a good book, and this is one I love!

No, I didn't choose a project for my beautiful alpaca yarn, but I did enjoy my reading time!


Continuing with my St. Patrick's Day them, I tatted a basic Ice Drop with a gold center today. Every leprechaun has his pot of gold, right?

The shuttle is one I blinged for a shuttle exchange several years ago. The package was returned to me, damaged by a postal machine. After seeing the package, I'm surprised the shuttle survived at all! It may not be my prettiest shuttle, but it's still usable. Besides, it's a good conversation starter!

6 comments:

  1. I do like your song! I like books and libraries too. Our local library was closed for renovations and four years later it still hasn’t reopened! We’re very lost without it. It sounds as though you might have your own library on hand at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have my own library... it's just not as organized as the one at school. Right now I have piles of books all around the house. I just hate putting them away!

      Delete
  2. Lovely song ! 🎶🎼
    The day we finally decide to let go of our book collection will be....it's heartbreaking just thinking about it 😮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have let go of some books over the years, but it's difficult to do!

      Delete
  3. Looks an interesting book, in Norway they do all their knitting on circular needle, I found that out when on board ship and two South African ladies were knitting, they had brought the wool at a wool shop simply because they needed something to do and asked for straight needles only to find the wool shop did not know what they were talking about.
    Lovely ice drop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom got me started with circular needles years ago. I use straight needles every once in a while, but I like knowing that my second needle will never disappear! I prefer double pointed needles for socks, but I hope to learn to knit two socks at a time on a long circular... just for fun!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!