Friday, February 1, 2019

The big warm up

We managed to get up to 18℉ today. It felt wonderful! School was open for the first time this week. Our district was lucky... the buses all started and there were no broken pipes. The next towns west and south of us weren't so lucky. It felt good to be back at school.


Since my normal time at school is from noon 'til 3, I have plenty of time in the morning to do as I please. This morning I tatted a Doodle Ice Drop.


I enjoyed making it so much, I tatted another one when I got home from school. Yes, I have looked at my tatting patterns looking for a larger project to catch my interest, but I'm enjoying working with yarn as well as thread. So, large tatting projects just aren't doing it for me right now.


I worked on my shawl some more after dinner. While I do enjoy working with the Lion Brand Mandala, I kind of have an itch to work with the hand-spun yarn I purchased from my friend Jen. I haven't found just the right pattern yet, but I'm having fun looking!

6 comments:

  1. Glad it’s warmer there! Here it’s cooler, thankfully, and we’ve had some much needed rain. The colours on the shawl are developing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, rain! Yes, after this bitter cold we are now expecting rain. It should be quite mucky around here!

      Delete
  2. I’m still in shock with the weather change. I love the doodle pattern, very pleasing. This mandala yarn is pulling me in, I shall resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schools and colleges were closed all week here.
    Great Ice Drops and your shawl is looking fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ice drops and the shawl is looking good

    ReplyDelete
  5. So grateful your Polar Vortex is getting warmer. Love these BLUEtiful Ice Drops. Your shawl is gorgeous. Fabulous February Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!