Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Getting ready!


Students come back to school tomorrow! It's hard to believe that this classroom hasn't been used for five months. The teacher who left really had the room in pretty good shape, but there were a few things left behind that needed to be taken care of. I spent some time in the classroom trying to make it a little more cheerful. So much has been cleared out to make it easier to keep the rooms sanitized.

Our school colors are green and gold, and I happened to have some fabric left from setting up daughter Carol's room 15 years ago.


The bulletin boards really don't have much on them right now, but I hope to add a little more interest in the coming weeks. I'm very excited to see the kids again!


When I arrived home, Mom and I had lunch together. While Mom was napping, I re-did my seating charts and took care of a few household tasks I had been putting off doing.

After dinner, I prepared the pillowcases for my lavender eye pillows. They're all ready to sew!

5 comments:

  1. I hope school gets off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems excited to get back into the school routine. I think it will be great!

      Delete
  2. It will be a bit odd with students (and teachers) in masks? Here they are still contemplating when to open schools - they normally open in June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been odd seeing everyone walking around with masks. What's really interesting is focusing on people's eyes. I'm noticing eye color and moods in everyone's eyes. I wonder how much we miss by focusing on other things when we're talking to people. It certainly gives new meaning to looking someone in the eye!

      Delete
  3. I really hope school goes well for you!!
    You sure keep busy!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!