Monday, August 10, 2020

Lavender eye pillow day

I finished my 20 lavender eye pillows and 40 pillowcases today!


My first task was to turn all the pillowcases right side out and press them.


Next, I filled the pillows with flax seed and lavender and stitched the pillows closed.


I guess I should have checked to see if the pillowcases fit before I got this far. Luckily, I measured correctly!


They're now ready for delivery!


Mom took a photo of the baby blanket she finished for her friend Marie's new great-grandson. Isn't it a lovely pattern?


Mom finished two placemats today. She used some fabric strips that I had purchased at Hobby Lobby on clearance several years ago. I love the blue/green combination!

This afternoon, Mom and I sorted through two big baskets of fabric, thinking we would get rid of quite a bit of it... wrong! We kept almost all of it, because we started talking about what we could make. De-stashing can be very difficult!

13 comments:

  1. You really have a production line going, good job! I did smile at the image of you and your mum going through fabrics and keeping most of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's so hard to get rid of something you think is really pretty!

      Delete
  2. Wow how busy you and your Mum must have been to produce all those beautiful items.I can - well almost smell the lavender from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, every afternoon we talk about how lazy we're being!

      Delete
  3. De-cuttering is hard, your pillows and pillow cases are lovely and wow you have both been very busy, certainly a production line at your house

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom’s blanket is beautiful! And those lavender pillows look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have one as a lap throw! I love my lavender pillows!

      Delete
  5. I get inspired to keep working on my stash when I look at your blog! You accomplish much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Mom and I keep looking at all we make and then at our stash... no one would be able to tell that we've used any of it, and you wouldn't believe how much I've given away!

      Delete
  6. My head is spinning again! You and your Mom truly are making great use of your time and talents! All this productivity is amazing! And going back to school in this situation is mind-boggling! Of course, I'm sure they are so grateful to have you - the administration and especially the students! I think it takes a great deal of courage and I certainly hope it works out for everyone. We need some success stories!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!