Friday, August 14, 2020

Special request


Daughter Carol requested some special face masks made out of fabric she purchased last year from Spoonflower. These fabrics truly reflect Carol's personality! She has loved Claude Monet ever since I can remember. She's also a big fan of Queen Elizabeth I.


Carol teaches AP European History, and the French Revolution is one of her favorite topics. Yes, there are two Queen Elizabeth I masks!


I was able to make two different looking face masks out of the same piece of fabric. Carol is also a big Jane Austen fan. She requested that Pride and Prejudice be front and center. I was happy to comply!


Carol also loves teaching about the Victorian Era, so I'm not surprised that she chose this fabric with old fashioned bicycles and street lamps.


Mom and I delivered the masks today. As Carol was going through them, I realized I hadn't made her Rasputin mask. It's possible that I had a mental block about making that mask. I think Rasputin is one of the creepiest figures in history. However, I will make the mask because it is what Carol wants.


I hadn't touched my Pastoral Lace Knit Shawl in weeks. I made a mistake, and after two days of trying to find the mistake (with no luck) I set the shawl aside and moved on to other projects. Last night I sat down with the shawl and found the mistake after about 20 minutes. I'm now back on track!

6 comments:

  1. Love the idea of personalized masks that reflect Carol’s interests! Good idea to put the shawl aside for a while. Glad you spotted the mistake and can continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have thought of personalizing the masks on my own. It was all Carol's idea! I'm also glad I found my mistake. I even knit another row before heading off to bed!

      Delete
  2. You will need a vacation from all your crafts at some point. Probably if the grandkids are there for the holidays again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful masks, she certainly likes the British history and British written books, never seen fabric with images of one of our queens before .Your shawl looks lovely so glad you picked it up again and found the mistake it would have been a shame to leave it not finished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she does! I'm glad I figured out my mistake also! This will be a beautiful shawl!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!