Sunday, August 23, 2020

The mad monk

Last week pretty much got away from me. The start of the school year is like that, and I'm in a different role this year... something new to try out!

Friday afternoon I finished the pillowcases for my lavender eye pillows, or so I thought! Apparently, I've lost my ability to count. I only made one pillowcase for each pillow, and I had promised two. I did get the new batch of pillowcases cut out, but that's as far as it goes.

On Saturday, Mom and I did laundry, delivered produce from the garden to daughter Carol, went to JoAnn Fabrics for three yards of muslin, and then ate lunch with Carol. Whew!

When we got home, Mom took a nap and I helped Dave freeze green beans. There just was no energy left for any kind of crafting.

My brother David came to visit today. He arrived late morning, and we had quiche for brunch. I am really enjoying making and eating quiche again. I can't imagine why I stopped making it years ago. I guess it was no longer the trendy thing to make.


I finally got around to a little crafting after dinner tonight. I had forgotten to make Carol's mask with the mad monk, Rasputin. I'll deliver it tomorrow, and then she can spin her tale of how she was born on the steppes of Russia. It's a long story, and totally fictional!

6 comments:

  1. Intriguing headline, leads on to an intriguing hint of a story. I didn’t manage to get much crafting done last week either and I wasn’t even going back to school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It certainly is a shame when life gets in the way of having fun!

      Delete
  2. You do fit an awful lot into each day!!!! How do you manage it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it through that first week! I can believe how worn out you must have been! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tired, but not as tired as when I was teaching full time!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!