Thursday, August 13, 2020

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

That's the way it was yesterday. Nothing was ventured and nothing was gained. My driver's license expired in June, and because of COVID-19 I had until the end of October to renew it. Yesterday seemed like a good day, so I headed out for the DMV. I arrived five minutes after they opened, and I could not believe how long the line was.

Rather than wait around, I headed over to daughter Carol's house. We looked through some family paperwork together and ate breakfast together. Around 9:30 I left to get some links taken out of my watch band, and then I headed back to the DMV. The line was about half the length that it had been at 8 o'clock, so it seemed like a good idea to stay.

It took three hours and 15 minutes. I sure wish I'd had a chair with me! By the time I arrived home, it was 2:30 and I did not have the energy to do anything. So... nothing ventured, nothing gained.

This morning, Mom and I headed upstairs to organize fabric. We had so much fun sorting and coming up with ideas for things to make! I chose some to take downstairs for lavender eye pillow pillowcases, and that fabric went right into the washing machine.


I did manage to fill and close 16 lavender eye pillows. The fabric for the pillowcases has been washed, dried, and ironed. It's now ready for cutting and sewing. That probably won't happen tomorrow. I have face masks to finish for daughter Carol.

After finishing the little pillows, Mom and I headed over to Carol's house so that Mom could look through some family records. We ate lunch with Carol and then headed home.

While Mom took a nap, I finished up the day's laundry. After that, we just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company.

Mom and I are having so much fun together! 

5 comments:

  1. Presumably you gained your drivers license after all that waiting around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a temporary license. For the first time in years, I have to wait to receive the real one in the mail!

      Delete
  2. Great family time!!! :)
    Our DMV is always a long wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go to the DMV a couple weeks ago to transfer a title. We have to go online and make an appointment first. I showed up 10 minutes early and was done in about 45 minutes, including having to get an online tax bill on the phone and pay it. The appointment method is faster than when you used to just show up and take a number. I hope they keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't stand in line for ten minutes let alone three hours! My knees would not be happy. I now have a walker with a seat and that's the only way I could do it. Everything has become so difficult. You still accomplished a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!