Tuesday, February 4, 2020

A little bit of blue


I did not sub today, so I had a little more time for crafting. I love this Ice Drop in size 20 Lizbeth #649, Baby Blue. When I was a toddler, my Grandpa Green made a toy chest for me. The top and the skirting were red, and the panels were white with decals of children. When I was in high school, my dad lined it with cedar and painted the top and the skirting baby blue at my request. Daughter Joanne decorated my cedar chest with nail polish when she was little. When we moved into our house, Dave repainted the little cedar chest forest green and white. I do love my little cedar chest!


I spent a good deal of time today working on my Sanditon MKAL. I've now finished two repeats of the eight row pattern for this week. I only have eight rows to go!

5 comments:

  1. Love the story of your evolving cedar chest. I have a cedar chest that my grandmother gave me. You’re making good progress on the kal, and manage to tat ice drops too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty Ice Drop!!! :)
    I have a hope chest which is cedar lined and I believe the date on the paper inside said it was given to someone's parents in 1947(not quite sure-it's been forever since I read it and I don't have access to it to check right now). Yours has more sentimental value!!! ;)
    Love seeing your knitting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a hope that I purchased after my freshman year in college. In addition, I have a hope chest that my mother-in-law purchased around the same time. Daughter Carol has the cedar chest that Grandpa Green made for Grandma. I do love a good cedar chest!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful blue ice drop
    What a lovely story to your cedar chest something you treasure and a great story

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!