Monday, February 10, 2020

Making mistakes


Today seemed to be filled with mistakes. I forgot to put glass gems in my tatting bag, so I was only able to tat two partial Doodle Ice Drops. At least I had time to finish them when I got home! This one is in size 20 Lizbeth #673, Terra Cotta. The shuttle is from Middy Clark of The Knotted Vine.


I'm glad that I had two shuttles wound, or I would have been really bored while supervising students! This Ice Drop is in size 20 Lizbeth #677, Lime Green Medium.


I'm making pretty good progress with my Sanditon MKAL. I have seven rows completed of Clue 5, but the edge stitches are wrong on rows 2, 4, and 6. I'm leaving it. There are many mistakes in this shawl that I'm sure most people would never notice. I'm enjoying the knit, and that's what matters!

8 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful shawl and way way better than I could ever do it is fun to knit and my daughter has worked on plain scarves and if she leaves them at my house sometimes I will do a couple of rows for fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find that switching from knitting to tatting and back again helps keep my hands limber!

      Delete
  2. Great Ice Drops!!! :)
    I am sure that green is to make those of us in the soon to be snowy weather again, think of spring. ;)
    I like seeing that knitting grow!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I have a cart with drawers holding my size 20 thread, and I'm just going through them in order. I did skip the grays. I just wasn't inspired to use them for Ice Drops.

      Delete
  3. Yes, no one is looking for mistakes and enjoyment is key!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning a lot from this knit-along. Every time I make a mistake, I learn how to read my knitting better and I know what to look for so that I can avoid making the same mistake again!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous shade of green makes your ice drop look even more dainty. I love the way you've matched the red ice drop with that attractive shuttle. Oh Diane, I wonder how many million shuttles you have now? lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty shade of green, although it does not remind me of limes at all! Haha! Some day I'll get all of my craft supplies organized and I'll get my shuttles counted!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!