Sunday, February 2, 2020

Super Bowl Sunday

Yes, Dave and I are watching the Super Bowl. No, we don't really care who wins. We're just enjoying watching a good football game!


I started and ended the day with an Ice Drop. This Doodle Ice Drop is in size 20 Lizbeth #645, Grape Dk. The handi-wind shuttle is by Dave Stanbrough of Grizzly Mountain Arts.


My other Doodle Ice Drop of the day is in size 20 Lizbeth #644, Boysenberry Dk, and I used another handi-wind shuttle from Grizzly Mountain Arts.


Mom decided to join the Sanditon MKAL. She joined us a week into the knit-along, but she's making good progress. Mom has now finished the first two clues in this beautiful red, her favorite color. Mom chose to work in one color, using yarn from her stash. I think she made a great choice!


I started on Clue 4 today. This week we have an eight row pattern repeat to knit three times. I've managed to finish the first eight rows. As the shawl grows larger, it will be a challenge to complete this week's clue on time.


I spent a little more time working on my Linen and Threads Mystery Sampler. I still have quite a way to go to finish the January section. I guess I shouldn't have set it aside for so long!

6 comments:

  1. The shawl is looking pretty already, with the eyelets and blue stripes ! Every stitch counts as progress - be it in embroidery, knitting, or tatting ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed! Every stitch brings me closer to finishing the project!

      Delete
  2. Love the linen and threads sampler. Its going to be lovely. As always amazed by the number of ice drops you tat!๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying the sampler, although I don't remember stitching taking so much time! An Ice Drop a day keeps the blues away! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Great Ice Drops!!! :)
    Your mom's red looks fabulous!! :)
    I love the stripes and design in your knitting!! :)
    And you seem to be doing a great job on your cross stitch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older I get, the more I appreciate red. However, blue is still my favorite color!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!