Friday, February 7, 2020

Finishes

I can't tell you how happy I am that Blogger and Safari are working well together again. After months of tinkering around and trying to figure out what I accidentally clicked, everything is magically working again. What a relief!


Before school yesterday, I managed to complete Clue 4 of the Sanditon MKAL. I did have a little trouble with the last eyelet row. I dropped stitches twice, but I realized it right away and was able to get them back in place before they became too much of a problem. This is the end of the main color, the light blue, and as you can see, I have plenty of yarn left. I'm glad I switched from the recommended size 4 needles to the size 2. I'm pretty sure I would have run out of yarn!


Yesterday was another two blue Ice Drops day. I love this shade of blue, size 20 Lizbeth #656 Wedgewood Dk.


This one is size 20 Lizbeth #657 Ocean Turquoise Dk. I do love both blues, but when they're side by side, the Wedgewood Dk is my favorite. The shuttle is my newest one from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. I believe the art work was done by Rita's college friend. It's beautiful!


I didn't post yesterday, because it took me until 9 p.m. to finish grafting the two ends of daughter Joanne's Sneak a Peek cowl. I love the textured side!


The striped side is pretty, but I know that I goofed on that center stripe. It's one row larger than the other stripes. Luckily, it's in the center and looks like a design element! I'll block it this morning, and then it will be ready to mail off to Joanne. I hope the weather stays cold in Minnesota so that she has a chance to wear it this year!

5 comments:

  1. What gorgeous shades of blue. Your newest shuttle must have taken ages to paint, such a small space in which to work.

    The centre stripe of the cowl is, of course deliberate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I greatly admire anyone who can paint, but painting on shuttles is especially amazing to me! Yes, of course the center stripe is deliberate! I'm glad you noticed. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful things to see today!!! :)
    Love that cowl!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be tempted to keep the cowl for myself, but I haven't worn the ones I've already made for me!

      Delete
  3. You have so many projects going on Diane! I am amazed at your productivity! And of course, you always have beautiful shuttles to show us. I'm sure you must have the most extensive collection of any tatter. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!