Thursday, February 27, 2020

Tropical Day


Today was Tropical Day at school. Staff members were encouraged to dress for a day in the tropics. Daughter Carol went all out, even getting a grass skirt from the prop room! I was lucky to pull out an old shirt of my dad's that I've been meaning to use for quilt blocks. I also wore my Birkenstocks, but it was way too cold for me to go without socks, long sleeves, and full length pants. Carol's feet look awfully cold to me!


Today's Doodle Ice Drop is in size 20 Lizbeth #712, Kelly Green Medium. The copper shuttle is by Sherry Pence, LadyShuttleMaker.


I'm making steady progress on my second Sanditon MKAL. I have ten rows to go on the first clue. I'm working much more slowly on this one, and I've had far fewer mistakes. I guess I'm just one of those people who should work at a slow and steady pace!

6 comments:

  1. Interesting knowing how cold it was today and I live south of you. It a fun thing to do for wintertime 🍃love you progress on projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did wear my snow boots to school! Luckily, the school was nice and toasty.

      Delete
  2. I love your outfits, not really topical weather, I hope the kids enjoyed it
    Beautiful ice drop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun, but I think I would have reserved that day for Spring. ;)
    Great projects!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!