Saturday, February 15, 2020

Girls' day out

I went out to lunch today with two of my daughters and my sister-in-law. It was the first time we've done something like this, and we had a wonderful time.


I managed to finish Clue 5 of the Sanditon MKAL before we headed out. Clue 6, the final clue, is due out tomorrow. I'm excited to see how this is finished off!


After Alison headed home, I worked on my Linens and Threads Mystery Sampler. I've switched to a Q Snap frame. Using a scroll frame with a stand was too awkward for me. This is much easier to handle. I still have quite a bit to stitch from the January section. I'm hoping to finish with January before the March section is released!


My eyes got pretty tired after a couple hours of stitching, so I tatted a Doodle Ice Drop in size 20 Lizbeth #691, Mocha Brown Med. The shuttle is from Veronica of Tatting Shuttles on Etsy. I love the texture of the wood!

6 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a girls’ day out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're already talking about our next one... lunch at Burgers and Beer!

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a lovely girls day out
    Your stitching looks beautiful cant wait to see more,
    Another beautiful ice drop and shuttle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret! After a 30 year hiatus, it feels good to stitch again. I do enjoy tatting an Ice Drop each day. I feel a little lost on days I don't make one!

      Delete
  3. Sounds fun! Glad you got to enjoy some quality girl time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your finished MKAL!!! :)
    Your Sampler is looking great!! :)
    And another great Ice Drop!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!