Sunday, February 9, 2020

Anticipation


I've been eagerly anticipating Clue 5 for the Sanditon MKAL. It's going to be a lace edging, and this week's clue is going to take a lot of concentration on my part. Being a bit paranoid because of my experiences with the eyelet rows, I've place a stitch marker after every lace repeat (ever six stitches). I had a few moments of panic when I finished knitting the first row. I counted 65 pattern repeats instead of 68, and my count came up five stitches short. I examined each section, recounted, and came up with 67 pattern repeats and one stitch over. How could that be? I check a third time, and I was still off! I carefully checked a fourth time and came up with the correct number of pattern repeats and the correct number of stitches. Just to be sure, I checked a fifth time, and I'm pretty confident that the first row is correct!


I'll be subbing every day this week, so my craft time will be shorter. I think I should be able to complete an Ice Drop every day. I'm really enjoying going through my thread stash and using each color with a crackled gem. This one is size 20 Lizbeth #671, Christmas Red. The shuttle is from Middy Clark of The Knotted Vine.


My second Ice Drop of the day is in size 20 Lizbeth #672, Burgundy. I do love Middy Clark's shuttles!

8 comments:

  1. Wow the eyelets anticipation😳 stress hang in there.
    Love the drops💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I fully understand about the counting and re-counting. I’m a master of that skill - or so I always think until I’m wrong yet again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I am sure that knitted project is going to be fabulous!!! ;)
    I have to have our Sarah teach me to knit so I can finish that blanket she started so many years ago for me. ;)
    Great Ice Drops!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a lot of stitch markers! I do like that burgundy thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's the only way I can keep track of where I am. I've knit many shawls and lots of lace, and I've never made as many mistakes as I have with this pattern. The pattern is great. I guess I'm just not in lace shawl knitting mode!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!