Saturday, February 1, 2020

Saturday stitching


Today was the release of Part 2 of the 2020 Linen and Threads Mystery Sampler. I haven't worked on mine in a few weeks, so I figured I should spend some time with it. I have a long way to go to finish Part 1. I'm using 18 count Aida and 12 wt. Sulky Blendables #4084. It's been a long, long time since I've done any cross stitch, and it's taking me a while to get back in a stitching rhythm.


I've managed to tat two Doodle Ice Drops today. This one is in size 20 Lizbeth #641, Dk Lilac. The shuttle is one of Dave Stanbrough's Doodle Art shuttles.


I didn't notice that I was tatting with size 40 at first. I just thought the thread felt finer. This is Lizbeth #642, Lilac Med. The shuttle is another Doodle Art shuttle from Grizzly Mountain Arts. Sometimes mistakes work out!

8 comments:

  1. That's so funny I just bought a crosstitch pattern and hope to get to it this year befor july😃💐😃
    As always I love your work. So is you mystery pattern a mystery to you or us? Its very pretty looks like a native American design 💐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a mystery to all! One section of the sampler is released the first of each month. I've looked at the previous stitch-alongs, and they are fabulous!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great start to your cross stitch project!! :)
    More great Ice Drops and what a great way to start February's supply!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is going to be a fabulous sampler! My goal is to tat an Ice Drop each day, or at least have one for each day by the end of the month.

      Delete
  3. Love the colour of the two ice drops. Two very attractive shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour of the ice drops
    looking good so far on your stitching, look forward to seeing more as you progress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret! It's been years since I've done any serious stitching. It feels good to be doing it again!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!