Sunday, February 23, 2020

Finishing touches


I finished my Blue Jean Saturday shawl quite a while ago, but I didn't get around to blocking it until today. I used a finer yarn than the pattern called for, so it's more of a neck wrap than a shawl. Still, I'm happy to have it finished and ready for wear!


I also finished the last four scrubbies for my grandson this morning. This pattern is Elongated Rib Check.


Basketweave


Basket Welt


and Basket Rib round out the set. I wanted to wash them so that they could use them right away. I knew washing was necessary, because the green dye from Aidan's set rubbed off on my bamboo needles. I'm sure the green will rub off as I knit with other yarns.


The scrubbies were still slightly damp when I took them out of the dryer. They should be ready for mailing tomorrow!


I did start a Doodle Ice Drop yesterday. I just didn't finish it, because I was focused on knitting scrubbies. This one is in size 20 Lizbeth #707, Sky Blue Dark. The shuttle is out of coconut shell and was made in the Philippines.


Today's Ice Drop is in size 20 Lizbeth #708, River Blue Medium. This shuttles is also from the Philippines and was made out of water buffalo horn with inlaid mother-of-pearl by Peter Cua.

It's time to make dinner. I wonder what I'll get up to tonight?

4 comments:

  1. A bit disappointing that the yarn is not colourfast, I hope the wash did the trick. The shawl looks wonderful on the blocking board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Washing seemed to work! I wanted to wear the shawl to school today, but it's too warm. We're expecting temperatures to drop over the next couple of days, so I will get to wear it!

      Delete
  2. It's neat seeing all the different scrubby designs!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!