Saturday, December 10, 2016

Christmas in the Village

Today was Christmas in the Village, and I had a table full of goodies to sell!


I had scarves made by Mom and me... woven, crocheted, knitted. I sold two. No one was interested in my pin cushions. That's okay. I'm sure find a good home for them. I had three size of bags that Mom made; she wove her own fabric and then sewed the bags. I sold three of them. Mom also sent up some mug rugs; I sold one.

My little silver tree was loaded with Ice Drops and Lucky Pennies. I sold six. I know it doesn't seem like I sold much, but the shoppers were few, so I consider myself pretty fortunate.


Denise stopped by with another bag of glass gems for me. I think I may have to come up with some other patterns to use up all these gems!


I think they look much prettier in a bowl. I would have liked a clear glass bowl, but apparently they're all filled. :-)


I finished the pink Ice Drop while sitting at my table today. I tatted the yellow one at home tonight.


I even managed to work on my Baby Pink Spinning Wheel glass mat today. All in all, I think it was a wonderful day!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good day to me!!! And what a lovely display!!! :) Were you having all the snow too??? That would explain the low numbers! We have had it snowing all day and it's getting worse. Tomorrow is supposed to bring plenty! Stay safe and warm and have fun with your tatting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful day! The best part was catching up with people I hadn't seen in a long time. The snow didn't start here until about 6 p.m. I peeked out the window this morning, and it looks like we got about 3". It will be easier to tell once it gets light out.

      Delete
  2. Great table display for your many items. With low turnout it sounds like you did okay and gratefully were not disappointed. Sales is always iffy. Merry Christmas Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went in hoping to cover the cost of my table, which I did before the sale officially opened. It was all gravy from there!

      Delete
  3. What an impressive display - lots of different items. And your tree looks so festive! I'm delighted that you had a good experience. It must have been fun to sell the Ice Drops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, and I met some other crafters and vendors. I enjoy meeting new people!

      Delete
  4. Lovely gems, I think they would show off nicely in necklaces and earrings too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they would! I think they might be too heavy for earrings, which is why I thought of the tiddlywinks. With a little beading around the edges, I think the tiddlywinks might be best.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like an okay sale day to me. I have not tried any of the colored gems. thanks to you I am tatting again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am flattered that I have had any influence in you picking up tatting again! I would love to see some of you work!

      Delete
  6. Hooray! I'm glad you felt success (I'd been worried for you since your other experiences weren't so good). Great display- must have been at a school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was at school, and I was parked in front of my friend Aimee's classroom!

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear you had some sales! And had good conversations. That's often the best part of such occasions. I really like the pink ice drop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the pink, too! ...and pink is not one of my favorite colors!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!