Saturday, December 17, 2016

If only...

If only we had experienced the horrible storm that was predicted, I could have justified spending the day tatting. However, the storm did not materialize, so I was forced to continue with household chores. Drat!


Even though the day was filled with laundry, chatting with family and friends, and preparing ravioli filling, I managed to tat three Iced Drops in different shades of blue. These three gems are all from my shopping spree the other day!

It has been very interesting to see how others have interpreted and/or adapted my pattern to their individual tastes or needs. I tried a couple of those ideas out on the Ice Drop on the left. I didn't see a tremendous difference in the end product, so I've decided to stick with what works for me. I've developed a rhythm with my pattern, and I honestly found it confusing to try and adapt other ideas. I guess that just goes to show, there's more than one way to accomplish almost anything!

13 comments:

  1. More great Ice Drops!! :)
    Our storm is coming tonight and according to the radar it's here and it's covering your area too. Stay safe and warm, those frigid temps will be following it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had some additional accumulation, but the "storm" missed us!

      Delete
  2. So many Ice Drops! You are a tatting machine!

    We have all the snow - and freezing rain! I thnk it might just be Winter now....

    BTW, I adore the new Rita shuttles! They are amazing! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Denise hooked on them, too! I'm so glad you like them!

      Delete
  3. You have the pattern down pat, and the gems fit perfectly in there. And obviously you can tat them so quickly! Really like the Pearls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pearls are my favorite! Wouldn't it be fun if they were real? :-)

      Delete
  4. BLUEtiful Ice Drops. Sounds like you got a lot done today dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your directions and I also have a rhythm now making them and there seems to be no end to my tatting these gems...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got your winter storm right in the house 💟🎄💟

    ReplyDelete
  7. No "storms" is a down side to living in a mild climate. I tend to ignore the chores and tat....or play the organ. Must be intentional :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!