Thursday, December 1, 2016

Time for an intervention?

I really did intend to finish straightening up my sewing room this morning, but I was distracted by a little bag of Swarovski crystals.


After seeing Victats' Ice Drop, I decided to try a Josephine chain hanger. I think I need to practice, because mine is not a nice tight spiral.

I needed some Christmas bags, so I headed out to Dollar Tree. Look what I found...


Seriously, did I need to buy three bags of glass gems? They do look pretty in the bowl, but I think it will take me forever to make Ice Drops out of them. Yup, it might be time for an intervention!


I was only going to allow myself time to make three Ice Drops this morning, and I did stick to the morning part. However, after allowing myself an afternoon nap... something I hardly ever do... I felt that I needed to make just one more.


You see, the frosted glass gems were calling to me from the bowl.


Maybe I need to put the bowl in another room!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! You are going to have Ice Drops all over the place!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they Are ice Drops; no wonder they are dropping into your lap ;-D
    3 bags --- nICE Drop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are retired. Enjoy making those lovely ice drops without guilt.
    And thank you for the pattern. I think I will be heading to the dollar store since I ran out of Marilee's Garden Afternoon HDT I'm using on an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are retired. Enjoy making those lovely ice drops without guilt.
    And thank you for the pattern. I think I will be heading to the dollar store since I ran out of Marilee's Garden Afternoon HDT I'm using on an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There once was a Tatter so bright
    She worked through the day and the night
    Couldn't make herself stop
    But each gorgeous Ice Drop
    Made her beam and rejoice with delight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, Maureen! I just read your poem to Dave. He smiled and asked if it made my day. Yes, it did! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. They are like M&Ms, you can't make just one, you have to tat the whole bag (three bags)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why have one bag when three will keep you going until after Christmas
    They are looking so beautiful your tree will be weighed down

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is such fun when you have a passion and if I could tat Ice Drops like you do those gems would be calling my name too. Lovely frosted Icee Drops Dear.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!