Saturday, December 31, 2016

Loving color!

Before Christmas, I stuck with white thread and colored glass gems and beads for my Ice Drops. Now I'm having fun experimenting with color!


I was thinking beach colors with this one.


The ribbon looks more pink than I see on my monitor. I really like the way it looks!


I was going for Mardi Gras colors on this one. The gold gem picks up a lot more of the red than I anticipated.


So, I think this looks more like "When I grow old I will wear purple." I am having fun with color.

If you follow my postings on Facebook, you may have noticed that my Ice Drops have only been posted on my timeline and on the Ice Drop Addicts page. I have read some comments that I perceived as being negative on some of the other pages, so I've decided to only post where there are other tatters who understand my obsession. After all, it's all about having fun!

13 comments:

  1. Love the colours, and the different effects that you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see your work but sad to hear that others are being negative? What a waste of energy to write negative things. You keep on with your lovely work and cheerful posts- they are fun to see/read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is well, Michelle. I just choose not to reply to the negativity, and I'm very happy staying with a group that seems to be as obsessed as I am! I love your adaptations, and will probably copy them soon! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Just want to jump in here and say Thank You for what you do. I was always told "Let them say what they want about you, then it's not hurting someone else that it does bother". Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen that negativity on Facebook but that's because I don't go there anymore. I pop in quickly in the morning to leave a link to my blog and then scoot out. I no longer take part in any of the groups but usually remember to post a link if I've uploaded a new pattern. Repetition and negativity and 'oneupmanship' were my peeves so rather than stay and get involved I've virtually (scuse the pun!) left!!! Take no notice, Diane. You're doing what we all should do - tatting for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colored ice drops! It's hard to imagine finding anything negative to say about ice drops. They are pretty and sparkly - what could possible be wrong with that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the addition of colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your Ice Drop obsession. While out to dinner in Palm Springs over Christmas I spied a very tall glass vase full of flat marbles and I immediately thought of you dear. My purse just couldn't hold them so I managed to walk away. May you have a Wonderful 2017 filled with lots of Creative Bliss and Peace and JOY. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy to have "met" you and learned about these lovely ice drops. I am also glad for the special page and learning more ways to make them. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am happy to have "met" you and learned about these lovely ice drops. I am also glad for the special page and learning more ways to make them. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I do not understand anyone not relating to a tatting obsession! Or a Dew Drop Dalliance. (Or a shuttle obsession either!) Tat on, Diane! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!