Thursday, December 29, 2016

It's good to be back home!

We had a wonderful visit with daughters Andrea and Joanne and their families, but I'm happy to be home! I wish we all lived closer to each other, but I'm glad that my daughters are independent enough to live where they're happy!


I can usually get a lot of tatting done in the care, but not this trip. I fell asleep too often! I did finish this Spinning Wheel glass mat in size 20 Lizbeth #646, Purple Iris Lt. The shuttles are two of my newer ones from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design.


Andrea surprised with a gift card to Hobby Lobby, my favorite store!. Daughter Joanne looked for a shuttle maker on Etsy and found Banyek.


She had no idea I collect his shuttles! I guess my daughters are enablers! ;-)


I took a four day break from tatting Ice Drops. I had plenty to carry with me since we had Christmas gifts for all the kids.


After we unpacked and put everything away, I got right back in to Ice Drop mode! I'm feeling very festive this year, so the Christmas decorations may stay up just a little bit longer!

7 comments:

  1. Thoughtful gifts from your daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely ke a wonderful trip! Wonderful shuttles and your red/green ice drop is quite pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a lovely Christmas,
    Yes I did try your ice drop tatting on Boxing Day only to find that my glass nuggets are too big for the pattern,
    I will have to try and make them bigger to accommodate the glass nuggets, I could not start as we went to Sheffield for an appointment for my eye and then over new year we are away again in Oxfordshire.
    All that's left is to wish you and your family a very happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new shuttles..... Thank you for sharing your talents with us and for causing me to tat many Ice Drops! I look forward to getting to know you better this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great glass mat!! :)
    Wonderful shuttle!! :)
    Fabulous Ice Drop!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your body is telling you that you need more sleep! The shuttles are wonderful! Your daughters are indeed enablers! :)
    And you have to be congratulated for coming up with that very 'cool' ice drop pattern.
    Looks good on both sides! Thank you again for sharing the pattern!

    We always leave our decorations up until January 6, just like my parents did. And I like when others keep their outside lights up for a while, too. Helps cheer me up on dark nights while driving. Of course, the stores will already have their Valentine's stuff out.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!