Saturday, December 24, 2016

What a wonderful Christmas Eve!

We had a great time with our family gathering for Christmas Eve! We invited my friend Denise to join us, and I'm so glad she came. We had a wonderful time laughing, telling stories, and enjoying each other's company.


Denise surprised me with loads of goodies! We both love the Pioneer Woman, and Denise knew I had used up all my pretty bowls, filling them with glass gems. She found this pretty one and told me that it would hold four bags of gems... she had already figured that out!

The inspiration behind this cache of gems was Karey Solomon's Baubles, Bangles & Beads. There are marbles in the dish for making wrecking balls. At the top, there's a collection of sun, moon, and star gems. On the right are glass squares for tatting gift wrapped ice cubes. The bottom group is hexagons. I know I saw someone tatting with hexagons, but I can't remember who right now. I'll add in the name and link if I think of it later. On the left are larger glass gems. I've put a quarter next to one on the bottom so that you can get an idea of the size. The ornaments in the center got Denise to thinking about angels. I see a lot of fun tatting in my future. Thank you, Denise!

Breaking News! Linda remembered that it was Carolyn Craig who has a pattern for tatting with the hexagon gems! Thank you, Linda! The file can be found on the Just Tatting page on Facebook.


Most of the gems fit in my beautiful new bowl. Denise also gave me this pretty red dish. We had been talking about red glass dishes that we each used to have. Denise decided we each needed one for special gems.


Mine is filled with sea glass from Spain. I think it's a very good thing that I am retired!

6 comments:

  1. Was it Carolyn Craig?
    You will be busy for a while.
    Merry Christmas!
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! Yes, it was! I just found her file in Just Tatting. I'm printing it out so I don't lose it!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Diane. I hope you have a lovely time tomorrow.
    It's been interest to watch your posts on the "Ice Crystals". As you were writing your Christmas post I was in the final stages of preparing a traditional turkey Christmas lunch here in Melbourne, Australia. The local temperature today is expected to be 37*C (97*F) so it's been a hot time in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Hilary! We had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. I hope your Christmas was just as wonderful!

      Delete
  3. So glad you're having a great time - and still are blogging! I'm having trouble finding the Just Tatting Facebook page. Is it the same as All About Tatting?

    You have enough baubles to fill a Pirate's Treasure Chest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I think I forgot the hyphen, which might make a difference. The page is Just-Tatting.

      I think I have more baubles than any girl deserves!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!