Monday, December 5, 2016

Will this madness never end?

What madness, you might ask...


...collecting tatting shuttles, I would answer. It's true. It's a madness, and I truly hope that shuttle makers will continue creating little works of art that I cannot resist. Above you see my newest shuttles from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design and Dave Stanbrough of Grizzly Mountain Arts. Could this be a new trend, collecting shuttles in groups of three?


I subbed in third grade today, and I attended Georgia Seitz's Online Tatting Class this evening. Still, I managed to finish two Lucky Pennies today!

I think I've found a stitch count I like. Follow the directions for the Ice Drop, but make some minor changes in the stitch count... On the back rings are 6-6, chains are 6-6. On the front, rings are 5-4-5, chains are 7. I've found that I greatly prefer 1/8" ribbon to 1/4" ribbon. There's nothing quite like shiny new pennies!

4 comments:

  1. Yep, you are the shuttle queen!!! :)
    More great lucky pennies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wspaniałe czółenka. Twoja kolekcja jest gigantyczna. Szczególnie te drewniane mi się podobają.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shuttles! No wonder you can't resist. The pennies look as though they're wrapped as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... and it isn't even March yet ;-P
    Triads are a good way to go - you might need to update/'upstock' old pairs into triads :-)
    The lucky pennies are so inviting

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!