Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Experimenting

Since I was forgetful over the past two days, I decided to try adding to my post as I complete things throughout the day. I'm not sure if it's worth the effort, but I'll give it a try!


I didn't mean to spend the first four hours of my day tatting, but that's how long it took for these three pieces. No, I did not spend the entire time tatting. I took out time to talk with Mom and daughter Joanne!

The thread is size 20 Lizbeth #698, Fudge Med. Yes, I do have a craving for chocolate right now! If you enlarge the picture, you can see that I put a gold bead in the center of the top flower motif. It's a much better size than the pearl beads I've been using. I do have some pearl beads that I think would be perfect, but I'll have to find out where I stashed them!

I love all of Sherry Pence's shuttles, but the ones in cobalt blue are my absolute favorites!


Before heading off to school, I managed to tat another Ice Drop. This one is in size 20 Lizbeth #184, Rainbow Splash. Sherry Pence's artistic ability really shows through in this gorgeous shuttle!


After school, I tatted a Doodle Ice Drop in size 20 Lizbeth #620, Azalea Med. I also finished two six petal flowers for Vicki Clarke's and Cynthia Stevenson's fund raiser project, A Celebration of a Classic. I think I have 14 of these little flower motifs tatted. I'm excited to see what these ladies are able to create!

Do you see the fish in the shuttle? I do!

I'll be doing some test tatting tonight for my friend Shelley Perreault. No, I won't be showing my work. It's a surprise!

6 comments:

  1. You’ll reach the minimum flower target by yourself. The pink and the brown make me think ‘delicious ‘!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see how much you do and I haven't been checking my blogs like I should or even tatting, your blog always reminds me of how I should be 😃🦋😃

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!