Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Internet slowdown

Our Internet has been extremely slow the past few days. I'm not sure if it's because I'm stubborn and stick with a basic package, or if it's because of an increased number of people working from home. I'm guessing it's the latter, or possibly a combination of the two. At any rate, I've been trying to post for more than two hours, and I can't help wondering if I should try to post at a different time.

I spent quite a bit of time walking on my porch yesterday. It was chilly, but it felt good to walk outside with the sun shining!


Again, I only tatted one Doodle Ice Drop. This one is in size 20 Lizbeth #699, Harvest Gold. The shuttle is from Chris Hinton. I often wonder what happened to Chris. I haven't heard anything about him in years.


I spent time working on my Sanditon shawl yesterday. So far I've been okay with the eyelet rows, but I'm being extremely careful and knitting very slowly!


15 comments:

  1. It’s a lovely shuttle, as usual you’ve matched it well to the ice drop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! All the matching has been purely accidental. Imagine the fun I could have if I spent some time matching threads, shuttles, glass gems, and beads!

      Delete
  2. Both projects look great!! :)
    I am sure that more people are online since so many are having to stay home so there must be a huge rise in streaming movies and shows and surfing the net to avoid being bored since that is all the "kids" now days know. ;) Our internet has been slower too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I will stand firm with my grandfathered plan. Faster isn't always better!

      Delete
  3. That’s my worry - not being allowed out to walk. Let ‘em try and stop me!!! We don’t have a porch or a large garden so I have to get out and about. The shawl is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I live in the country! I have my porch for rainy days like today, and we have ten acres that I can wander around. I think I would go crazy if I couldn't go outside!

      Delete
  4. Our offices shut down on Monday and we've been working from home since then. We usually have pretty fast internet but between 2 of us working from home and one teenager streaming stuff all day, it has definitely been running slower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother is an IT guy, and he said there's been an incredible increase in the number of people working from home. It will be interesting to see how things develop.

      Delete
  5. You must have a bulging stash of flowers now, for Vicki’s wall hanging. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My internet is slow too I was wondering same thing๐Ÿค” love your work๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unusual shuttle which compliments your pretty ice drop. As from tomorrow afternoon all our schools will be closed, no one knows for how long. Our internet is bound to slow up with the parents, where they can, working from home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our schools have been closed since Monday afternoon. I'll blog when I can, and try to stay off the computer during working hours!

      Delete
  8. Interesting that you mentioned Chris. Wasn't he working on the resin shuttles that encapsulated one's own tatting? He seemed to have perfected that process. You must have one of the few shuttles that he made. Those wood filet shuttles and other commemorative shuttles were so special. It's a great loss to the tatting community, and such a mystery as to what happened to his shop.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!